Who is this course for?
This course meets the needs of learners who want to work as an Electrician, installing systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment within the Electrotechnical Industry.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
Applicants should preferably be employed in the Electrical Industry and have reasonable GCSE grades including Maths, English and Science.
How long is this course?
This is a 2 year part-time day release course commencing in September 2020.
What will I study on this course?
- Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of Environmental Technology Systems
- Principles of Electrical Science
- Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
- Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
- Electrical Systems Design
- Career awareness in Building Services engineering
What Qualification will I gain?
Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Building and Structures).
Will I go out on work experience?
How is the course assessed?
The assessment will be a mixture of online multiple choice exams, written assignments and practical assessments.
What does this course lead on to?
Further courses include:
- 2382-12 – BS7671 IET Wiring Regulations 17th Edition.
- 2377-22 – Level 3 Award in the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT).
- 2377-32 – Level 3 Award in the Management Requirements for the Maintenance of Electrical Equipment.
- 2394-01 – Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations. This covers Minor Works and Electrical Installation certification. (Replacement for the 2391 Inspection and Testing award).
- 2395-01 – Award in the Periodic Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations to include Electrical Installation Condition Report. (Replacement for the 2391 Inspection and Testing award).
- 2396-01 – Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations. This course deals with the processes and principles in designing electrical installations.
How much will it cost?
Fees to be advised.
How can I find out more?
For further information please contact Colm Lawless on 608565 or email: email@example.com.