Who is this course for?
Technology has broadened the scope for a modern business to access markets around the globe, this is an inspiring and sometimes daunting thought.
If you are looking for a career in the modern business world, this course is an excellent choice to help you understand how these enviroments work, and learn skills that will help you in this industry.
You will complete assignments that will develop the skills and knowledge that lead to business-related careers or further education.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
You will need five GCSEs at grades 2 or 3 (grade E-D) or higher, including BOTH Maths and English Language.
How long is this course?
This is a one-year full-time course, commencing September and ending June.
What will I study on this course?
The course is made up of ten units:
- Digital Portfolio
- A Digital Start-Up
- Digital Graphics
- Internet Technologies and Website Development
- Customising Apps
- Marketing and Promotion
- Working in the Industry
- The Business Environment
- People in Organisation
What Qualification will I gain?
Jersey Progression Qualification in Digital Enterprise and Business
Will I go out on work experience?
Courses at Highlands College are about preparing you for the world of work. As part of your course, you will learn how to go about presenting yourself to an employer to stand the best chance of getting the job you are looking for. You will spend two weeks in a work placement.
What does this course lead on to?
- Level 3 courses within College.
- Following on from a Level 3 course, students can progress to
- Higher Education: Universities on Island, in the UK, and further afield.
- Training Contracts in the workplace: Levels 3, 4, 5 (degree equivalent) employment/training contracts in the local workplace in trust/funds/accountancy/insurance/marketing/event management.
How can I find out more?
For further information, please contact the Highlands College Admissions team on: 608582 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.