- ESOL SKILLS FOR LIFE: Aimed at people living and working in Jersey who would like to function in an English-speaking environment. These courses include STARTERS and PRE-INTERMEDIATE skills for life and can lead to a qualification at ES, L1 and L2.
- INTERMEDIATE AND ABOVE: We offer ESOL exams from Cambridge and Ascentis. All of which are internationally recognised. These include Cambridge KEY, Preliminary, First Certificate, IGCSE ESL, Advanced and Proficiency. Ascentis E3, L1 and L2 Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
- BUSINESS ENGLISH: We also run BEC Vantage and BEC Higher courses which focus on the learning of English in a professional and Business context. These courses will include an addition for Financial English Language. They are internationally recognised Business qualifications which are very popular as a means of gauging the language level of potential employers or for people who wish to move into the HR/Administration or the finance sector.
- We also offer ONE-TO-ONE tuition on request.
VENUES AND TIMES
- Our classes run at Highlands College. Most are in the evening, but we do some daytime courses too.
- Before you join a class, please come into Highlands College for an assessment. This will help us find the right class for you.
- Assessments are at Highlands College every Thursday (term-time only) between 1.00pm and 3.00pm and on Tuesday evenings between 6.00pm and 8.00pm with Jo. You do not need to book. Assessments take about 30 mins and include a short chat and an assessment of your writing and your grammar. Please come to reception.
- Administrator: Lisa Charlton – 01534 608677
- ESOL Tutor: Jo Gueno – 01534 608749
- Email: Lisa.Charlton@highlands.ac.uk