Who is this course for?
The Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality is the gold standard awarding body for Tourism and Hospitality Qualifications, and the Level 3 Diploma is the ideal first step towards a management career in this sector. We will ensure that you have the necessary skills to manage operations and businesses across a diverse range of contexts including Tourism and Hospitality, Cultural Heritage, and Events. You will develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required by the sector, including essential employability skills, and will apply them in a real work context.
Tourism and Hospitality is the world’s single biggest industry, covering everything from international airlines and global hotel chains right down to small family-run restaurants and private tour guiding. The career options are huge and varied. CTH offers undergraduate & postgraduate level programmes specially designed to prepare the next generation of professionals in the sector. This preliminary foundation course is the first step towards an exciting career.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
You will need a minimum of five GCSEs at grade 4 (grade C) or higher, one of these must be either Maths or English Language.
How long is this course?
A two-year full-time course, commencing September 2022 and ending June 2024.
What will I study on this course?
Units studied include:
- Tourism & Hospitality Industry – An overview of the different characteristics and types of hotel and food service providers.
- Essentials of Tourism & Hospitality Operations – Introduces a range of functions in the industry i.e. front office, housekeeping, food and beverage operations, destination analysis, and tour guiding operations.
- Computing in Tourism & Hospitality – An understanding of the organisation of staff in tourism and hospitality.
- Essentials of Marketing & Customer Relationships in Tourism & Hospitality – An introduction to marketing, sales, and customer relationships in the tourism and hospitality industry.
- Essentials of Human Resources & Business
This Course will also include industry-based qualifications, as well as weekly practical classes that will prepare you for employment.
What Qualification will I gain?
Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality Foundation Diploma.
Will I go out on work experience?
Courses at Highlands College are about preparing you for the world of work. As part of your course, you will learn how to present yourself to an employer and how to stand the best chance of securing the job you would like.
This course also includes exciting opportunities to work within the relevant sector to gain valuable experience and to assist with completing work-based assignments.
What does this course lead on to?
This programme is aimed at those who wish to gain access to the first year of selected university degrees, or to any of the Level 4 Diploma programmes.
It is also a freestanding qualification for those who wish to enter employment at team member level.
How much will it cost?
- There are no fees for this course.
How can I find out more?
For further information, please contact the Highlands College Admissions team on: 608582 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality website for more details