Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for students with no previous experience in Beauty who would like to learn all the basic skills for the industry and obtain an accredited qualification
What are the entry requirements for the course?
- Candidates should be over 18. Employment in the beauty industry is not essential.
- A thorough understanding of both spoken and written English is essential due to the compulsory assessments and complex vocabulary needed for Anatomy and Physiology. There will be a screening assessment for all applicants and if deemed necessary an additional English course must be taken – at student’s own cost – PRIOR to taking this course.
- This course requires extensive home study to include written assignments and revision for in-College on-line exams.
How long is this course?
A 38 week part-time course beginning September 2020
Tuesday 8th September 2020- Tuesday 6th July 2021
Time: 6.00pm – 9.00pm
* It is not advisable to miss any of the sessions once you have commenced the course. Please refer to the Highlands College website www.highlands.ac.uk for the appropriate term dates for the year. Any holidays should be booked out of term times.
What will I study on this course?
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon.
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments.
- Provide facial skin care.
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries.
- Remove hair using waxing techniques.
- Provide manicure treatments.
- Provide pedicure treatments.
What Qualification will I gain?
VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Specialist Techniques.
How is the course assessed?
Learners will need to provide evidence for assessment including:
7 x assignments
13 x online examinations.
Each unit requires substantial practical assessment
PLEASE NOTE: A £20 resit fee is applicable for each exam that is retaken
What does this course lead on to?
Career opportunities in beauty salons, spas or self-employment (mobile).
How much will it cost?
£1000.00 course fee which includes registration
Fees are non-refundable – total payable on enrolment to secure your place.
Uniform: Charcoal tunic and trousers and appx. £60 MANDATORY.
Black flat closed toed pump or all black trainers
Equipment: HABIA Beauty Therapy Kit approx £60.00 (+ £5.50 home delivery )
COLOURMATRIX Makeup kit approx £50.00 ( + £5.50 home delivery )
Order forms for tunic, trousers and kits will be sent with your acceptance letter.
Book: Beauty Therapy: The Foundations Level 2 ISBN: 9781473734562
How can I find out more?
To register your interest in this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01534 608640 to request further information
Once you have registered your interest and returned a completed application form you will invited for an interview