Who is this course for?
Students wishing to study sport full time at level 3 in order to progress to Higher education either in College / off island or prepare learners for employment in sport and fitness and other sectors
What are the entry requirements for the course?
• 5 GCSEs at grade A*- C, including English Language and Maths (or Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 2), preference will be given to students with PE / Sport Studies, or Science (human Biology)
• Level 2 BTEC (strong Merit grade, preference will be given to students with GCSE grade C in English Language and Maths or equivalent)
• A satisfactory interview and references
• Mature students or those with alternative qualifications/experience will be considered on an individual basis
How long is this course?
A full-time course 1 or 2 year programme beginning September 2017 consisting of two 1 year programmes of the Sub Diploma or 90 Credit Diploma followed by a second year of topping up to a Diploma or Extended Diploma in Sport
What will I study on this course?
Students at Level 3 will undertake sports related subjects covering: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport; The Physiology of Fitness; Assessing Risk in Sport; Fitness Training and Programming; Sports Coaching etc.
What Qualification will I gain?
A level 3 Qualification in Sport equivalent to UCAS points enabling progression to HE and employment
Will I go out on work experience?
Work experience may be offered to students. Students are also offered the opportunity to participate in community sports related projects.
What does this course lead on to?
• Progression to Higher Education
• Employment in the sports industry for a wide variety of careers including sports coaching, sports science, sports development and sports management
• Working abroad as a coach or fitness instructor
How much will it cost?
- £35 per year subscription fee
- £75 per year course material fee (sports top)
- £50 Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
How can I find out more?
• Contact Vicki de la Cour on 608525
• If you are at school, speak to your careers teacher
• Visit the Edexcel website at www.edexcel.org
The final qualification is equivalent to UCAS points depending on grades and qualification version achieved.