Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for students with no previous experience who would like to learn the basics in anatomy, physiology and body massage.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
- A thorough understanding of both spoken and written English is required due to the compulsory assessments and complex vocabulary needed for Anatomy and Physiology. There will be an English assessment for all applicants and if deemed necessary an additional English course must be taken, at student’s own cost, PRIOR, to taking this course.
This course requires extensive home study to include written assignments and revision for in College on-line exams.
- It is not advisable to miss any of the sessions once you have commenced the course. Please refer to the Highlands College website www.highlands.ac.uk for the appropriate term dates for the year.
- All applicants must be age 18 at the time of application.
How long is this course?
A 12 week part-time course.
Course A: Wednesday 9th January – Wednesday 27th March 2019 6pm – 9pm.
Course B: Wednesday 24th April – Wednesday 10th July 6pm – 9pm.
What will I study on this course?
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon.
- Anatomy and physiology of the body.
- Provide body massage.
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries.
- Use of mechanical massages, GS, audiosonic and infra-red.
What Qualification will I gain?
Level 3 Certificate in Swedish Body Massage.
How is the course assessed?
- On-line theory tests
- Practical assessment
What does this course lead on to?
With the Body Massage certificate it is possible to move on to the holistic therapy courses, Indian Head Massage, Reflexology or Aromatherapy.
Career opportunities in beauty salons and spas, self employment (mobile and from home).
How much will it cost?
Course A: £404.00
Course B: £404.00
Total payable on enrolment to secure your place – fees are non refundable.
UNIFORM: Charcoal tunic and trousers and black shoes. Order forms for tunic, trousers and shoes will be sent with your acceptance letter. This uniform is mandatory and must be worn to meet the assessment criteria for the qualification.
BOOK: City & Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy (includes spa units) ISBN – 978-0-85193-2347
How can I find out more?
Resits of exam £20