Who is this course for?
- Are you a business leader/manager?
- Are you finding that your knowledge of Information Technology needs a boost?
- Are you somewhat mystified by the amount of jargon and acronyms that you are encountering?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, then this course might be just what you need.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
Good standard of English is recommended.
How long is this course?
30-hour course (15 x 2-hour sessions) – Mondays 6-8pm, starting 18th Oct
What will I study on this course?
This 30-hour course (15 x 2 hour sessions) is led by Christopher Talbot, an IT professional with 38 years of technical, teaching and managerial experience in IT.
Keeping things lighthearted and fun, Christopher will present an overview of each of the key areas, with examples and personal experiences.
- The Interconnected World
- Managing Your Data
- Cyber Security
- Big Data and Analytics
- Software Development techniques
- Integrating Disparate Systems
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)
- Cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology
- The Internet of Things
- Why IT systems and projects fail
- The EU GDPR
- IT Jargon Buster
- Future directions of IT
- Reserved for course attendees to select topic
What Qualification will I gain?
This is a CPD course that provides you with knowledge and understanding on Information Technology.
How is the course assessed?
No assessment, attendance only.
What does this course lead on to?
By the end of this course, you will be able to have more informed discussions with your colleagues and clients regarding IT issues.
How much will it cost?
This course is funded under the Government of Jersey Fiscal Stimulus.
This course is now full, to join the waiting list please apply using below link. You will be contacted should a cancellation occur.