Who is this course for?
Students who want to:
- Qualify in an industry that is in high-demand for professionals
- Become professionally accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Develop skills to lead multi-disciplinary project teams
- Gain up-to-date knowledge of legislation and regulations
- Develop the ability to deliver in complex project environments
What are the entry requirements for the course?
- HNC in Construction Merit grade
- Progression route from HNC in Construction at UCJ
- Successful Interview
- You should preferably be working in an appropriate area of the construction industry. You will need the approval and support of your employer to release you from work for the block weeks and evening classes.
How long is this course?
This is a two-year, full-time course delivered on a day and block release basis, beginning September 2022. Candidates will need approval and support from their employers to attend on the relevant days/evenings.
The deadline for applications is 31st January 2022.
What will I study on this course?
The course provides you with a breadth of technical and managerial expertise in construction, preparing you to face exciting and demanding challenges within the industry. It offers the opportunity to use modern equipment within a well-resourced environment.
Year 1 – Level 5:
- Production Management
- Construction Contract Law
- Measurement 1 & Documentation
- Construction Planning
- Estimating & Tendering Process
- Management of Organisation
Year 2 – Level 6:
- Research Project Module
- Contract Administration (Non QS)
- Sustainable Construction & the Environment
- Construction Management Project
- Project Management
- Corporate Management & Finance
What Qualification will I gain?
BSc (Hons) in Construction Management
Will I go out on work experience?
You should preferably be working in an appropriate area of the construction industry. You will need the approval and support of your employer to release you from work for the block weeks and evening classes.
How is the course assessed?
A module may be assessed either by a combination of examination and coursework or by continuous progressive assessment.
In the coursework and continuous assessment elements, assessment may be a combination of coursework assignments, individual or group projects, and open book or closed book tests and examinations.
What does this course lead on to?
The knowledge gained enables you to have the confidence to work with other professionals in this exciting, fast-paced and competitive industry. The course leads on to careers at a higher level within the construction industry. Graduates enter fulfilling careers in the local and international construction industry.
Construction Management can be a fantastic career for those who love buildings, working with people and want to work in a professional capacity. This course will prepare you for a career in a range of fields within the building environment, including Project Management, Contracting, Consultancy and Residential building.
The course will enable you to develop a wide range of employability skills through the emphasis on a vocational approach to teaching.
You can further your studies with a MSc Construction Project Management off-island, or seek to gain professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Building.
How much will it cost?
The fee for this course is £8,090 per year (subject to review). This is a “fast-track” full time equivalent 2 year degree programme.
You may be eligible for financial support towards your course costs, please search for “student finance” at www.gov.je for more information.
How can I find out more?
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608588.