Who is this course for?
- Students wishing to top up their Higher National Diploma to a full BA (Hons) degree validated by the University of Plymouth.
- Applicants with a Level 5 equivalent qualification or Higher Education experience e.g. completed first two years of a three year sport-related degree.
- Applicants with a Level 3 qualification and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
This course is subject to validation and number of applicants.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
Merit profile on HND in Sport-related subject, OR proof of study at Level 4 and 5 in a related field, OR work experience in a related field.
How long is this course?
This course takes one year full-time, or two years part-time.
Both full-time and part-time courses commence in September 2022. Apply now for September 2022.
The deadline for applications is 31st January 2022.
What will I study on this course?
Topics studied on this course include:
- Applied Exercise Programming – Designing, delivering and reviewing exercise programmes designed to improve the performance, fitness and health of specific target groups.
- Applied Physical Education – Evaluating the current provision of physical education and sport teaching and using research-based practice to deliver effective teaching.
- Applied Sports Coaching – Using advanced concepts of sports coaching to design and deliver effective coaching sessions to a selected group.
- Global Physical Activity and Health – Analysing and evaluating local physical activity and health in comparison to the global health matrix.
- Dissertation – A dedicated academic piece of writing focused on one of the key themes of the course.
What Qualification will I gain?
BA (Hons) Sport Coaching and Development
Will I go out on work experience?
There will be scope for placement opportunities based on availability of employers and students.
How is the course assessed?
The course will be assessed through coursework.
What does this course lead on to?
This course can lead to graduate-level employment and postgraduate study such as PGCE and Masters courses.
How much will it cost?
£9,250 per year.
How can I find out more?
Please email email@example.com or call UCJ on 01534 608588.