Who is this course for?
- Work in teaching/training in the further/higher education and skills sector.
- would like to work in teaching/training in the further/higher education and skills sector.
- Have recently started a teaching/training/assessment role.
- Work in a teaching/training/assessment role seeking career progression.
- Teach/train/assess within an industry/voluntary/adult education setting.
- Work as technicians/assistants seeking career progression.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
- be qualified/experienced in the subject they intend to assess.
- be able to demonstrate working at Level 2 in English and Maths (GCSE grade C/equivalent).
How long is this course?
- Approximately 12 weeks classroom delivery (September 2018 – December 2018).
- Approximately 30 weeks portfolio development and assessment by arrangement with the tutor – this is not weekly classroom based (January 2019 – July 2019).
What will I study on this course?
At the end of the course candidates will:
- Understand the principles and practices of assessment.
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding.
What Qualification will I gain?
City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement.
How is the course assessed?
Assessment methods include: written assignments; professional discussions; a portfolio of assessment practice.
What does this course lead on to?
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
How much will it cost?
- £500 per candidate
How can I find out more?
For further information please contact Sheila McIntosh on 608501 or email: email@example.com.