Who is this course for?
For practitioners who conduct internal quality assurance of the assessment process from within a centre or organisation, by sample planning, monitoring and advising on the practice of assessors.
- work in teaching/training in the further/higher education and skills sector
- would like to work in teaching/training/assessment/quality assurance in the further/higher education and skills sector
- have recently started a teaching/training/assessment/quality assurance role
- work in a teaching/training/assessment/quality assurance role seeking career progression
- teach/train/assess/quality assurance within an industry/voluntary/adult education setting
- work as technicians/assistants seeking career progression
What are the entry requirements for the course?
- be qualified/experienced in the subject they intend to assess/quality assure
- be able to demonstrate working at Level 2 in English and Maths (GCSE grade C/equivalent)
How long is this course?
- Approximately 12 weeks classroom delivery (September 2017 – December 2017)
- Approximately 30 weeks portfolio development and assessment by arrangement with the tutor – this is not weekly classroom based (January 2018 – July 2018)
What will I study on this course?
At the end of the course candidates will
- Understand the principles and practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
- Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
What Qualification will I gain?
City & Guilds Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
How is the course assessed?
Assessment methods include: written assignments; professional discussions; a portfolio of assessment practice.
What does this course lead on to?
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
How much will it cost?
£540 per candidate
How can I find out more?
For further information please contact Sheila McIntosh on email firstname.lastname@example.org