Who is this course for?
This course is specifically aimed at students wishing to study Art & Design at degree level and who have already achieved level 3 qualifications (A-levels or equivalent) but have not yet developed the specialist Art & Design skills necessary to meet the entry requirements of an Art & Design degree.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
- Students must be 18 or over.
- 1 A-Level in a related subject, or equivalent level 3 qualification (BTEC, OCR etc.).
- A portfolio of art and design work is required.
- Satisfactory interview and references.
- Mature students or those with alternative qualifications/experience will be considered on an individual basis.
How long is this course?
A 1 year full-time course beginning September 2018, ending June 2019.
What will I study on this course?
This course gives a strong grounding in a range of practical disciplines as well as a thorough introduction to contextual and aesthetic studies.
Modules include, but are not limited to: drawing, painting, printmaking, photography, ceramic, 3D design, textiles, fashion and sculpture.
Students will gain a clearer understanding of their potential area of specialism prior to degree level study.
What Qualification will I gain?
UAL Foundation Certificate in Art & Design.
What does this course lead on to?
Study at degree level in Art & Design or related fields.
Employment within a wide range of creative industries.
How much will it cost?
- £36 per year subscription fee.
- £154 per year course material fee.
- It will be necessary to purchase various items of art equipment.
- There may also be an off-island study trip – cost to be confirmed.
How can I find out more?
For further information, please contact Employability on 608752 or email email@example.com.