Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for students with no previous experience who would like to learn the basics in anatomy, physiology and body massage.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
- A thorough understanding of both spoken and written English is required due to the compulsory assessments and complex vocabulary needed for Anatomy and Physiology. There will be an English assessment for all applicants and if deemed necessary an additional English course must be taken, at student’s own cost, PRIOR, to taking this course.
- NOTE: STUDENTS MAY BE WITHDRAWN IF THEIR LEVEL OF ENGLISH IS NOT SUFFICIENT.
- This course requires extensive home study to include written assignments and revision for in College on-line exams.
- It is not advisable to miss any of the sessions once you have commenced the course. Please refer to the Highlands College website www.highlands.ac.uk for the appropriate term dates for the year.
- All applicants must be age 18 at the time of application
How long is this course?
A 12 week part-time course.
Course A: Saturday 5th August 2017 – Saturday 28th October 2017 10am – 1pm
Course B: Wednesday 13th September 2017 – Wednesday 6th December 2017 6pm – 9pm
Course C: Wednesday 21st February 2018 – Wednesday 30th May 2018 6pm – 9pm
Course D: Wednesday 27th June 2018 – Wednesday 12th September 2018 6pm – 9pm
What will I study on this course?
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Anatomy and physiology of the body
- Provide Body Massage
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Use of mechanical massages, GS, audiosonic and infra-red
What Qualification will I gain?
Level 3 Award in Body Massage
How is the course assessed?
On-line theory tests
What does this course lead on to?
With the Body Massage certificate it is possible to move on to the holistic therapy courses, Indian Head Massage, Reflexology or Aromatherapy.
Career opportunities in beauty salons and spas, self employment (mobile and from home)
How much will it cost?
Material & Assessment Fee – £395 which includes registration and exam. Total payable on enrolment to secure your place – fees are non refundable.
UNIFORM: Charcoal tunic and trousers and black shoes. Order forms for tunic, trousers and shoes will be sent with your acceptance letter. This uniform is mandatory and must be worn to meet the assessment criteria for the qualification
BOOK: City & Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy (includes spa units) ISBN – 978-0-85193-2347
How can I find out more?
Resits of exam £20