Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for students with no previous experience in Beauty who would like to learn all the basic skills for the industry.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
- Candidates should be over 18. Employment in the beauty industry is preferable but not essential
- A thorough understanding of both spoken and written English is required due to the compulsory assessments and complex vocabulary needed for Anatomy and Physiology. There will be an English assessment for all applicants and if deemed necessary an additional English course must be taken – at student’s own cost – PRIOR to taking this course.
NOTE: STUDENTS MAY BE WITHDRAWN IF THEIR LEVEL OF ENGLISH IS NOT SUFFICIENT
- This course requires extensive home study to include written assignments and revision for in-College on-line exams.
How long is this course?
A 32 week part-time course beginning September 2017 (term-time) *
Tuesday 5th September 2017- Tuesday 5th June 2018 6.00pm – 9.00pm
* It is not advisable to miss any of the sessions once you have commenced the course. Please refer to the Highlands College website www.highlands.ac.uk for the appropriate term dates for the year. Any holidays should be booked out of term times.
What will I study on this course?
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Provide facial skin care
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments.
What Qualification will I gain?
Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Therapy Services
Level 2 Certificate in Waxing Techniques
How is the course assessed?
Test papers, assignment and client practical assessment.
What does this course lead on to?
Career opportunities in beauty salons, spas or self-employment (mobile).
How much will it cost?
£845.00 course fee which includes registration. Fees are non-refundable – total payable on enrolment to secure your place.
Uniform: Charcoal tunic and trousers and black shoes approx £69.99 MANDATORY
Equipment: Beauty therapy kit and make-up kit approx £92.24
Order forms for tunic, trousers and shoes and the kits will be sent with your acceptance letter.
Book: Level 2 VRQ in Beauty Therapy ISBN 978-0-85193-204-0
How can I find out more?
For further information, please telephone 608596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resits of exams £20.