Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at all those who wish to carve out a career in the digital economy. The content is broad and aims to prepare the student to move onto a technical or managerial role in the IT sector.
This two year degree programme has a significant element of work-based learning which helps learners to develop their employment skills and professional network. Students work for extended periods with a range of the industry’s leading employers with placements normally being paid.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
- 160 UCAS points from a minimum of two A Levels or equivalent (e.g. BTEC National / International Baccalaureate) with at least one subject in a technology related subject at A Level (e.g. information technology, computung, mathematics or a science).
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C (grade 4) or above are mandatory. Other level 3 qualifications will be considered and mature applicants with relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- All candidates will need to have a successful interview.
- You will need to demonstrate a clean police record check for your work placement.
How long is this course?
2 years full-time to achieve the FdSc degree (Foundation Degree)
3 years full-time to achieve the optional BSc (Hons) Degree
What will I study on this course?
The programme will encourage learning and development in a way that is practical and appliedm using the experiences and expertise of local IT professionals. This approach provides a theoretical understanding of the subject and the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills in a working environment.
You will study:
- IT Service Delivery
- Business Information Systems
- Networking and Communication Technonlogies
- Business Relationship Mangement
- Software Development
- Business Analysis and Design
- Website Applications
- IT Professionalism and Consultancy
- Information Security
You will be taught by experienced academics and professionals who are experts in their field.
What Qualification will I gain?
FdSc Information Technology for Business
Will I go out on work experience?
Courses at Highlands are about preparing you for the world of work. As part of your course you will learn how to go about presenting yourself to an employer to stand the best chance of getting the job you are looking for.
You will spend at least one week in a work placement and work towards an employability qualification.
What does this course lead on to?
At the end of the programme you will have the confidence and qualifications to pursue a career within the IT sector in Jersey. You will have acquired the increased knowledge, skills and experience needed to make a positive contribution to an organisation and developed the work-related attitudes and aptitudes necessary to be successful in the IT sector.
How much will it cost?
Fees are £7,000.00 per academic year (full-time)
Fees are reviewed annually
How can I find out more?
For further information, please telephone 608752 or email email@example.com