Who is this course for?
- work in teaching/training in the further education and skills sector
- would like to work in teaching/training in the further education and skills sector
- have recently started a teaching/training role
- work in a teaching/training role seeking career progression
- teach/train within an industry/voluntary/adult education setting
- work as technicians/assistants seeking career progression
- who might be Assessors and wish to achieve a teaching/training qualification
What are the entry requirements for the course?
- be qualified/experienced in the subject they intend to teach
- be able to demonstrate working at Level 2 in English and Maths (GCSE grade C/equivalent)
Level 4 Certificate, candidates should
- be able to demonstrate that they can access 30 hours of teaching practice for the duration of the course (see assessment)
Level 5 Diploma, candidates will
- achieve the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- be able to demonstrate that they can access a total of 100 hours of teaching practice for the duration of the course (see assessment)
Ideally, candidates will have previously completed the Award in Education and Training (AET, formerly PTLLS). For those candidates who haven’t completed this qualification they will be required to complete an additional assessment requirement as part of the course.
How long is this course?
Level 4 Certificate
- 25 weeks (September 2017 – April 2018)
Level 5 Diploma
- 40 weeks (April 2018 – June 2019)
What will I study on this course?
At the end of the course candidates will be able to
- plan for inclusive education and training
- deliver high-quality teaching to motivate and meet the needs of all learners
- use resources, including emerging technologies, to structure learning for all
- apply inclusive assessment methods that measures the progress of all learners
- provide constructive and developmental feedback to meet the needs of all learners
- analyse and apply theories, principles and models of teaching, learning and assessment
- evaluate and reflect upon their teaching, learning and assessment practice
- promote and manage positive learning behaviours
- research wider professional practice
What Qualification will I gain?
City & Guilds Certificate in Education and Training (CET)
City & Guilds Diploma in Education and Training (DET)
How is the course assessed?
Assessment methods include: written assignments; professional discussions; a portfolio of teaching practice that demonstrates high-quality teaching, learning and assessment.
During the course, candidates teaching practice will be assessed:
- Level 4 Certificate: a minimum of 4 occasions
- Level 5 Diploma: a minimum of 8 occasions
What does this course lead on to?
- Completing the Level 5 Diploma will enable candidates to apply for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
- At the end of this course candidates will have the confidence, knowledge and skills to extend their teaching/training practice within your specialist area
- Training, Assessment and Quality Assurance Qualification (TAQA)
How much will it cost?
- Level 4 Certificate: £1,440
- Level 5 Diploma: £2,200
- Total cost: £3,600 (this includes the Level 4 Certificate fee above)
How can I find out more?
For further information please contact Sheila McIntosh on email firstname.lastname@example.org or telehone 608501.