Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those who wish to train in Beauty Therapy whilst working within the Industry. Applicants should apply directly to Highlands College.
Applicants will train within their Salons and attend Highlands one day per week.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
- Candidates must have full time employment within a beauty salon or spa.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade D (Grade 3-4) – to include English. There are no age restrictions on this course.
- For applicants who have English as a second language, Level 1 ESOL will be required.
- All candidates must be interviewed by Highlands prior to enrolment and possible skills check.
- Personal presentation to reflect industry needs.
How long is this course?
A 2 year part-time programme beginning January 2018
The next course dates can be seen below:
Level 2 – Wednesday 10th January 2018- Wednesday 28th November 2018
Level 3 – Monday 8th January 2018 – Monday 26th November 2018
Please note – the apprenticeship programmes does not run in the academic year pattern therefore attendance is weekly throughout the year.
What will I study on this course?
Level 2 units include:
- consultations and analysis of the skin
- gel nails
- lash and brow tinting
- brow shaping
- health & safety
- anatomy & physiology
Level 3 units include:
- Indian head
- body massage
- hot stone therapy
- aromatherapy (pre-blended oils)
- body and facial electrical treatments
- female intimate waxing.
What Qualification will I gain?
Year 1 – NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
Year 2 – NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
How is the course assessed?
Practical assessment and City and Guilds online examinations.
What does this course lead on to?
Career opportunities in health centres, health farms, leisure centres, beauty salons, self-employment or further study with Award in Education & Training and the TAQA Assessors qualification.
How much will it cost?
Year 1 – £900.00
Year 2 – £900.00
Course book: TBC
Uniform: Charcoal tunic and trousers and black shoes – order forms will be included in enrolment pack.
Equipment: Beauty Therapy kit & makeup kit – order forms will be included in enrolment pack.
How can I find out more?
For further information, please telephone 608596 or email email@example.com